And I Shall Breathe My Last



My life is like a book 

With a thousand or more pages . 

Everyone I see ;

Everyone I meet ;

Everything I feel ;

Everything I eat ;

Are recorded in this book. 

When I shall lie down 

On my death bed ,

The angel of Death 

Sitting by my head  , 

Waiting the time to fly 

With my soul to the sky , 

And leaving my body to be carried,

Bathed , shrouded and buried. 

But before I take the last breath , 

I shall read one last time,

The book of my life 

Chapter by chapter , page by page 

Line by line and word by word. 

I shall remember one last time :

Everyone I saw ;

Everyone I met ;

Everything I felt ;

Everything I ate ;

Recorded in the book of my life. 

My love, when I shall read you ,

The best chapter of my book, 

My happiest past ,

That will bring a naughty smile

On my very dry lips 

And I shall breathe my last . 


[Sahil Sharifdin English]

Comments

Popular Posts