A Lover and Believer

 



A Lover And Believer 

By SAHIL SHARIFDIN English

I am a lover .
Love increases my heartbeat.
Love makes me smile .
Love makes weep .
Love makes me wake up
In the middle of night .
Love makes me fall asleep
In middle of day .
Love is a force
That governs me ,
That drives me ,
That stops me ,
That brings me to the feet
Of my cruel beloved .
Alas! When she asks me ,
''Where is love ?''
I can't bring love before her .
I can't show a rainbow to a blind .

I am a believer.
I believe in God
Who created the earth
The sun , the moon , the air
The birds , the animals, the flowers
The trees , the crops , the seasons,
The eyes, the heart , the tongue
And the other things for me .
I saw Him punishing the evil .
I saw Him rewarding the good .
The prophets interacted with Him.
The saints felt Him .
When all leave me ,
I see Him around .
When fear pushes me down,
He lifts me up .
When failure breaks me ,
He mends me .
When someone hurts me ,
He cheers me up . 
He is with me everywhere,
Every time and on every journey.
Alas ! When a foolish guy asks me ,
'' Who created God?''
I can't answer him.
I can't bring my God
Before the foolish one.
I can't put an ocean
Into  a tea cup .
I can't put my heart
Into anyone's dark chest .

Comments

Popular Posts