Girl Of Today [a poem by SAHIL SHARIFDIN Ëñglísh]





 



Yes,  it was late

But I went on a  date

With a pretty girl

Whose  Facebook name is pearl.

She went on talking 

While we were walking

On a grassy land, 

My hand in her hand. 


My boyfriend was cool. 

The one  at school: 

Silky hair, face round

But then I found

A better one and bigger; 

That one was my senior. 

I was fan of his kiss

I still do him miss. 


You know,  I was insane. 

Once  in a van, 

There was a strange man

I let him do what he can. 

I am kareena's fan. 

I like every smart man. 

O God, send me rain

Of boyfriends without pain!  


A cousin loved me 

As rose is loved by bee. 

We often slept together

Yet I called him brother, 

Lest our elders should know 

And mad they would grow. 

Wow! Those were  days! 

Those I miss always! 


I knew a salesman.

He would always entertain 

Shopping there was a treat.

He was so sweet.

He had a smiling face. 

I often let him embrace 

Me in the trial room

Like he was my bridegroom.


Ah! Never did I see 

A boy loving me.

I tested every boy.

All took me for a toy.

I am ready to marry.

Go, Sahil, send your daddy.

Hurry up. Don't be late.

The end of your date.

Comments

Popular Posts