My FATHER and our strangely HAPPY FAMILY

 



My father never said ''I LOVE YOU '' to me . I don't remember any such occasion . He never ordered me to do any manual work inside or outside home. I don't know why ?  He never talked about the things in which I failed or succeeded. He never entered my room without knocking first. He never questioned my abilities or weaknesses. He financed me to obtain about half a dozen degrees in education. He himself has never been to colleges and universities.  Well , socially and economically, he may not be the world's best father . But , he is definitely one of the world's best fathers in case of love , care and unconditional support. I wish he would sometimes shout at me and rebuke me ! He is an angel . Whenever I delay sometimes to enter our kitchen for having tea , lunch or dinner , he brings the food  to my room. That makes me  feel the world's most shameless son. I want him to stop it but I dare not give him any advice . I let him do whatever he likes and I try  hard to enter our kitchen on time.  When we sometimes come across each other on the stairs , he always moves aside and lets me pass first . I always want to move aside and let him pass first , but I fail often . I have never heard his voice on my cell phone . My mom calls  me on my phone but he never does. Whenever I am out of our  home for a few days , he makes my friends call me and knows about my welfare through them. He is love , love and love .  When some family members  grow older , they sometimes grow bitter  and the  young inmates begin to torture them in the name of discipline, good behaviour and family image . I will never do that to my father . I have promised it to myself .  I am not ''FORMAL''  and ''CLASSY'' guy I'm usual sense  . I love to be a childlike adult . To me, fun is the essence of life and too much and too often SERIOUSNESS is monotonous and boring . I love the atmosphere at our home . My brothers want to change many things in me  . Actually, We all want to change things in one another. Getting better with time is a healthy habit and one of our goals too . But, we don't  believe in messing up things by being the soldiers of  impatience, intolerance and haste. We believe that every person changes towards good at the appropriate time . He/she must not be forced . We prefer love to coercion,  though changing something with the weapon of love is a  time consuming mission.  We don't poke our nose into one another's affairs directly . We prefer peace at home  to the family image outside. I know things don't remain the same after wives make entry into the peaceful homes . That is what I have seen in the homes around . Every wife thinks about herself and about the future of her own kids more than the siblings and the parents of her spouse .   Wives are not wrong . They just have a different point of view on life . With my family atmosphere and my empathetic attitude towards my simple family  in view ,  If ever I come across a good family having a good daughter who will  understand my father like I do , I will not hesitate making her my beloved wife within a month or so . Ours is a classic family . We cherish the ideals of relationship, simplicity, personal freedom , obedience, mutual trust , love ,  family unity etc . We don't celebrate birthdays and marriage anniversaries . We don't go on  family picnics as well. We are perhaps shy of one another. Or we give each inmate  the necessary space and avoid being sentries of moral policing over one another. We don't dare to ask one another for capturing a simple family photo for memory purpose . we perhaps believe it to be a cheesy act or we wait for a natural  timing for it. However, we watch news together on  the TV and we  frankly discuss  religious, political and other topics almost every day for hours until my mother forces us to end the  discussion and return to our respective rooms. We sometimes watch a good family movie together . We have watched movies like The Lion of Desert , The Message of Islam , Ashaab-e-Kahf , Sultan  , Stuart Little,  sooryavansham of Amitab Bachan etc. We always eat together. our choice of dishes differs , therefore, we need to cook more than one dishes daily ...some less salty , some more spicy , some less fried bla bla bla . Our mother receives often negative feedback on her dishes. She doesn't care about it so long as my father doesn't open his mouth . But, our sister cares a lot .we can't find fault with the cooking of our sister . She is a tigress. She forgets her size and age and pounces upon the person who criticises the  dishes cooked by her. We are scared of her. I am most scared . I keep mum often when her recipe is questioned . I can't hurt her because I know she is very sensitive and feels deeply hurt . She respects me deeply and whenever she asks me for a rupee , I give her ten . She gets very angry at me sometimes but never expresses it . To my brothers and parents , she shows no mercy  . She answers their small bricks with big stones. We don't receive calls coming on  one another's mobile phones  . We wait for the owner of the mobile phone to receive the call coming on it . We don't enter one another's rooms to interact with one another's guests . My guest is only my guest . My brother's guest is only my brother's guest . Nobody will dare to interact with one another's friend or guest unless asked for it. These are some unwritten laws governing our family .  We don't believe in competing with our relatives and neighbours at the cost of our family peace and for outward ostentation .  We live to please ourselves , not the outsiders. We don't hesitate to sacrifice ourselves for those whom we acknowledge as our own.  We don't flatter anyone and our Allah is our best hope . We bow down  only before Allah and fear no hen, hunter or gun.  We fight together for our honour and rights . Our family is like a small sovereign country and all the credit for these ideals go to my parents first and then their kids [us] . To cut the long story short , I wish my father would be less loving to me . His boundless love makes my conscience rebuke me often . I wish to die before I ever hurt him. My Allah will definitely destroy me if ever I hurt such an angel like human being and amazing father who is the embodiment of ''simplicity ''.  Well, he needs not say I LOVE YOU , he himself is a living I LOVE YOU . This is our family ...good or bad ; strange or sweet  ; ordinary  or legendary . But, this is it .  May Allah bless my family with boundless happiness!



//Image credit: Rightful owner

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts