I know she Will Not Remember Me . [Poem by Sahil Sharifdin English]

 


I know she will not Remember Me 

[Sahil Sharifdin English]



In a distant village , inside a house
I found a girl , sad and  bored
Her days painful, her nights tragic
Her sighs and tears were ignored

In her family , she was a  stranger ;
At her home , like an unwanted guest .
Neither love nor any freedom to fly ,
Like she was under house arrest.

That house contained many beautiful things
But ,there was no peace of heart .
She prayed daily to leave that house ,
But, all her prayers fell apart . 

I gave her wings to fly with
And gave her legs to stand on .
I told her to be bold and free
For, days of slavery are bygone. 

I gave her eyes wonderful dreams
And made her heart boldly throb  .
Where her due share  will be denied 
I told her she has right to rob . 

I wiped tears from her almond eyes
And taught her rosy lips smile .
I planted flowers of love and peace
In her life so desolate erstwhile . 

I gave her the sweet name ' seerat ''
And saved her from doing Suicide .
When her close relatives tortured her
I was with her as friend and guide.

Like other lucky and happy girls
she too will become some hero's wife .
Forgetting all fears and all  failures
She will happily  live all her life . 

I too will be somewhere on  earth
In library , at home or any place .
Wiping tears and giving cutes smiles
With the Almighty God's grace  .

When time changes , people too change .
I know she will not remember me .
She will forget who wiped her tears .
She will forget who set her free. 


[SAHIL SHARIFDIN English]

Comments

Popular Posts