Plump , creased and in-between [ Poem by SAHIL SHARIFDIN English]


Plump , creased and in-between 

Life's water leaks drop by drop .
How I wish It would stop !
When the last drop will fall,
I have to answer Death's call.
Bathed , shrouded , buried in ground
Alas!  nobody will be around .
That is the basic law of Nature
That is not changed by a creature .
Certain things are in my hand
While I breathe on this land ,
While I am young and smart ,
While I can win any heart ,
While my face is shiny and plump ,
While I can choose or dump
Any man I see around me
And be naughty , happy , free ...
But when I get a creased face
Lose my beauty,  appeal and grace -
Which I call '' In-between time '':
Neither so old , nor so prime .
I still can get a few devotees
By using cosmetics Chinese .
However, in my very old age ,
The most painful life's stage ,
When all cosmetics are in vain
No devotee, no lover , no fan .
With old body and naughty heart
Even ordinary men , I get not .
And , my life would seem hell
There,  I can very happily tell :
The stories of my prime youth
Based upon the facts and truth .
My hellish life will turn sweet
Till Death comes me to greet .

Comments

Popular Posts