تمناؤں میں الجھایا گیا ہوں // Tamanawu mai uljhaya gaya hu

Translation of a Ghazal by SHAAD Azim Abadi by Sahil sharifdin English

I was entangled in wishes.
I was distracted with toys.
I am aware of every dust particle of these streets.
I have trodden them since years.
Why can I not take steps towards any temple?
Was I brainwashed in any mosque!
Ask my restless heart, O you the pretty world,
I didn't come. I was brought.
It is too early, O the noise of doomsday,
I was waken up early in futile.
I was tormented by your wish for long.
After I had heaved a sigh of relief for a moment.
I didn't believe in the miracles of wine.
I was convinced with a great difficulty.
Why can I not enter the grave shamefully?
I was spurned out of a jolly assembly.
Me and the world, O SHAAD are poles apart
Don't know where I was shifted from where!

تمناؤں میں الجھایا گیا ہوں

کھلونے دے کے بہلایا گیا ہوں

ہوں اس کوچے کے ہر ذرے سے آگاہ

ادھر سے مدتوں آیا گیا ہوں

نہیں اٹھتے قدم کیوں جانب دیر

کسی مسجد میں بہکایا گیا ہوں

دل مضطر سے پوچھ اے رونق بزم

میں خود آیا نہیں لایا گیا ہوں

سویرا ہے بہت اے شور محشر

ابھی بے کار اٹھوایا گیا ہوں

ستایا آ کے پہروں آرزو نے

جو دم بھر آپ میں پایا گیا ہوں

نہ تھا میں معتقد اعجاز مے کا

بڑی مشکل سے منوایا گیا ہوں

لحد میں کیوں نہ جاؤں منہ چھپا کر

بھری محفل سے اٹھوایا گیا ہوں


کجا میں اور کجا اے شادؔ دنیا

کہاں سے کس جگہ لایا گیا ہوں



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts